i guess there will be no forthcoming intell from this highly touted "international mafia bust" from last week concerning the lopez-olivero clan. i see there being a couple reasons for this. one, the rcmp is incapable of releasing proper media info for these alleged large arrests. 400 rcmp to arrest 13 people, 13 people of which 5 were women. no disrespect ladies but those 5 are irrelevant to this bust and likely were employees at some cafes and rest's when arrests took place. the other 8 apparently are soooooooo bad we may never know there names...OR they are just as irrelevant as the 5 women arrested. B, this is an evidence collecting bust similar to others in the past to insure that an ongoing investigation doesnt utterly fall apart like every other rcmp bust related to the mafia in the last 10 years in both qc and ontario.or 3, within minutes of this post all said missing info will be released. there is also no mention of seized items of any kind.

rcmp claim however that the lopez-olivero clan are still active in mtl north concerning cocaine trafficking, money laundering and a new allegation not yet seen of being involved in sports gambling. to the claims of cocaine trafficking i would hope there is more intell than the lopez bros proj mastiff indictment. that is 10 yr old news and charges related to it all in there entirety have been dismissed. i say this only to dispell the ongoing claims that this clan continues to operate in the same way with the same crime groups. so much has changed in the milieu since 2014/2015 'if' the l-o clan are still wholesaling cocaine it is likely to a different group of people than 10 years ago. the more intriguing aspect is the involvement in sports betting. if this is true it makes the attempt on serafino olivero in nov 2021, subsequent arsons at owned businesses and murder of giuseppe lopez in sept 2023 more than likely related to 'the book' conflict than any other. i cannot speculate however as to which side this clan falls if violent events against are related to them is part of mafia vs. HA gambling conflict. it could be that indeed as some have speculated the lopez-olivero had a falling out with rizzuto/sollecito clan at some point and chose to side with HA over control of 'the book.' or they were being directly targeted by HA. at least with this conflict (mafia vs. ha) the sides are clear compared to other possible conflicts, feuds or wars currently ongoing in montreal and qc city.