The repentant Emanuele Mancuso and the 'institutionalised' clan: "I'll explain how my family has changed"
Son of Pantaleone, alias "The Engineer", he decided to collaborate with justice, effectively undermining the criminal prestige of one of the most feared 'Ndrangheta gangs
March 24, 2024
08:43
Todo Modo , the new investigative program hosted by Emilia Brandi, aired last night, starting at 9.45pm, on Rai3 . The first episode focused on Calabria, 'Ndrangheta and feminicide with Nicola Gratteri , a magistrate under guard, known for his strenuous battle against organized crime. The focus covered three very current stories linked to the criminal grip of the clans for the possession and control of the territory, starting with that of Maria Chindamo , a 42-year-old businesswoman killed in 2016.

During the episode, the exclusive interview conducted by Alessandro Gaeta, of Tg1, with Emanuele Mancuso , son of Pantaleone, known as "The Engineer", one of the leading exponents of the 'ndrangheta clan of Limbadi, was broadcast . Emanuele himself decided to break the mafia code of silence, choosing to collaborate with justice and effectively undermining the criminal prestige of one of the most feared 'Ndrangheta gangs.

Emanuele Mancuso and the rites of affiliation
“The rites of affiliation with the 'ndrangheta – explained the justice collaborator – are necessary but not in families like mine. I didn't do any rituals because I was born and raised in one of the most prestigious 'Ndrangheta families. I already felt like I belonged. Usually this affiliation rite is used to give motivation to those young people who were 'simple' criminals, outside of this context. So to make them grow within these structures, they were affiliated with rituals. For women it was different: they didn't perform rituals, but were active 24 hours a day. They aim to raise their children with certain values, the 'Ndrangheta ones”.

Divorce in the 'Ndrangheta family
What if the marriage goes into crisis? “They cannot divorce,” stated Mancuso, who explains that this is due to two reasons: “One, because if the woman decides to start a new life, she is disrespectful to her children, her husband and the entire family. If, however, it is a small affiliate, it depends on how much he was involved in the criminal life. I still remember the messages my mother gave me today: one was 'better to go to prison than hear the bells ringing'; and another was 'if you mind your own business, you don't die'. Because whoever speaks dies. These are values ??that are instilled in your head since you were a child."

The role of Luigi Mancuso
A prominent element of the Mancuso clan is Luigi , alias 'The Supremo' or 'The Dancer' . “Steps counted, words counted. Everyone fell in love with him. I, for example, was willing to do anything for him. On a criminal level, it's the best. He wasn't violent. He brought two people, who perhaps had shot each other the day before, to make peace. His word went beyond their hatred. His policy is one of pacification and silence. They were just doing business and making money. Many, when they heard of Gratteri's arrival in Catanzaro, equipped themselves with excavators and hid weapons, money and drugs underground."

Ways to convince Emanuele Mancuso not to collaborate
Both Emanuele Mancuso's daughter and partner were 'used' by the clan to convince him to change his mind and not 'repent'. “They offered me everything I wanted to get out of the protection program. Once the decision was made, the stain remained. Soon, however, they got down to business: they started not taking the little girl to prison, to turn her against me in every possible and imaginable way, to buy social services reports. I've seen all the colors. After my statements in the trial on the door of Matteo Vinci , my aunt Rosaria Mancuso took the stand and started screaming, not realizing, however, that her own statements were a sort of admission of the existence of a clan."

The fight against the 'Ndrangheta
The justice collaborator has no doubts about the fight against the 'Ndrangheta: “We need a cultural and social revolution and a strong state. The State does not want to win the battle. The 'ndrangheta entered at an institutional level through freemasonry and white collar workers. Part of my family, for example, is 'institutionalised'. They have made a leap in quality. The values ??remain the 'Ndrangheta ones. One ends being an 'ndrangheta supporter in two ways: either by collaborating or by death."

https://calabria7.it/il-pentito-ema...-spiego-come-e-cambiata-la-mia-famiglia/

"The king is dead, long live the king!"