The murder of Emanuele Pizza: victim of Cosa Nostra and the institutions
Emanuele Piazza was murdered on 16 March 1990.
Policeman and hunter of fugitives such as Totò Riina , Salvatore Lo Piccolo , Armando Bonanno and more.
As has often happened in many cases, the Piazza murder has also seen a very long series of misdirections over time which to date have not allowed the family to have a complete truth.
Suffice it to say that the first convictions of the mafia leaders occurred only in 2001.

The murder
Emanuele Piazza was about to sit down at the table when Onorato knocked on his door asking him to accompany him to Capaci, to the Nino Troia furniture warehouse , where he would have to cash a check. Piazza went with him. Waiting for him inside the warehouse were the bosses Salvatore Biondo and Nino Troia who attacked and strangled him. His body was later taken to a farmhouse in the Capaci countryside and dissolved in acid.

His father, Giustino Piazza , a well-known lawyer from Palermo, then decided to report his disappearance to the police station, precisely because of the strangeness of his son's unexpected absence from home.

when his father decided to give an interview to Francesco Viviano , a journalist from Repubblica. In that journalistic investigation Giustino Piazza revealed a whole series of circumstances that had been kept silent until then, as requested by the authorities, including that relating to his son's collaboration with the security services. “ My son died because he was under the illusion that sooner or later he would become a real secret agent, and my poor Emanuele fell for it. - he told the journalist Viviano on 11 September 1990 - After my son's disappearance, those of Sisde tried to minimize his role, but they couldn't help but admit that Emanuele worked for them. I know my son was on their payroll.”
The official collaboration of "Topo", this is his code name, with the SISDE was obtained only after Giovanni Falcone took action . The judge, having gone to the Interior Ministry, began to conduct interrogations, from the top down to the bottom and, as a result, when he returned to Palermo on 22 October 1990, he found on his desk the document signed by the prefect Malpica which recognized Emanuele's work.

https://www.antimafiaduemila.com/ho...-di-cosa-nostra-e-delle-istituzioni.html

Last edited by Hollander; 03/16/24 04:14 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"