Originally Posted by Giacalone
Originally Posted by jace
Here is the Youtube clip of the new episode, Merlino's co host's uncle, who seems a bit crazy, was the guest. I like Merlino and support the podcast and what he is doing, but I think they are all a bit crazy. Merlino mentions his father walking into the kitchen of their home and sticking a fork in his head, and says "You can't do that to kids nowadays" as if having a fork stuck in his head as a kid was a good thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMPIT9QBrsc

It should tell you a lot about his character. Everyone has good in them, but a lot of these die hard street guys have sort of lost their humanity. He's a perfect example of that

But Giacalone, he thinks it was good that his father was rough with him, in the same way he thinks it was good that the nuns he had in school as a kid used to hit him and the other kids on the hand with rulers. He says it because he says we lack discipline in bringing up kids these days. Now, obviously, it did not work on him, but he seems oblivious to that. He has very conservative views on things, making him in an odd way in line with the people who would tend to want him in prison. HIs father sticking him with a fork------that to me is way off, but he acts like it was normal. At least that was my impression, the comment went by fast in the podcast. He also still needs a better microphone. He better stick a fork in the sound engineers head if this continues. wink