Originally Posted by jace
I agree with you JCrusher regarding Devecchio and Pistone, but I never saw Pistone say he beat people up. Are you sure he said it? Pistone is the only FBI agent who in my opinion really accomplished a successful undercover job on the mafia. I read his book years agora nd have seen a few of his interviews, but can't recall him saying he gave anyone a beating while working undercover.

He wrote it in his second book ("Unfinished business") in which he mentions some of the illegal stuff he did while undercover. He couldn't write it in the first book because it would have been used against him in the trials.

He said he took part in a few hijacking operations when he was around Jilly Greca and the Colombos.

He also mentioned a particular incident when Lefty and him were robbed at gunpoint by some guys after they left a gambling joint. A few days later, Lefty found out who were the guys who did it so he gave their adress to Pistone and told him to give them a beating which he did. They were junkies so Pistone didn't have any problem handling it alone.