But Merlino doesn’t actually say anything about the “other side” he belongs to. He doesn’t admit being a mafioso, he doesn’t say what he thinks about the mafia, he doesn’t try to defend their positions and the points his fellow gangsters may or may not have. I agree it would be interesting to actually learn something about the “other side” and its positions. But he doesn’t reveal anything.
That he hates rats and the situations when they tell lies about others, we all get it. But if those rats/informants are lying about their co-defendants, then what would be the true facts instead, according to Merlino? He can’t answer that question and describe the facts though, without risking to be labeled as a rat.

So, you can admire him if you want (that’s your business after all), but you can’t deny that Merlino’s podcasts don’t contribute to our knowledge of the mafia, other than letting us know that he hates informants, which was already clear from the beginning.

To me, any new information or insight into the workings of the mafia and the mentality of the mafiosi by Merlino would be welcome. The problem is, he isn’t going to provide it, because that would make him a “rat”.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 03/03/24 11:53 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."