The last hearing in the Marengo liquidation process took place on Wednesday. A number of final requests from lawyers were rejected. A number of suspects also took the opportunity to have the last word.

A final word was spoken by suspect Saïd Razzouki, among others. He is suspected of having been Ridouan Taghi's right-hand man: 'I hope you can give a fair trial.'

One of Razzouki's lawyers, Robert van 't Land, stated that parts of conversations by key witness Nabil B. were missing, making it difficult for the court to form an opinion on his reliability.

Mohamed el A. talked a little longer, writes the court reporter of De Telegraaf, Saskia Belleman, on X: 'I have made statements about my role in this case. That wasn't easy. My fate is in your hands.”

El A. asks the court to take his children into account. His daughter was born in May 2019 while her father was incarcerated, and his son is struggling with his father not being home.

Lawyer Guy Weski says there is no point in saying one last word on behalf of Achraf B.: "Your verdict is probably already on the shelf and what he says will no longer have any influence." Achraf B. only wants to say 'that he has never had access to life and death'.

Judgment in the Marengo case will follow on February 27.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"