Originally Posted by Goldy
I always wonder what a heavyweight earner for decades leaves behind in terms of assets and cash. Is there a few bank accounts overseas filled with millions of dollars? Some barrels buried somewhere? A ring of keys to a bunch of properties and businesses that have been acquired and "legit" owned on paper and taxes paid and alla that and passed down to family, not Family? Or does that get absorbed back into the Outfit and the remaining family just looked at as regular square civilians and ignored by the Outfit? They don't take care of member's families after they're out of the picture, whether dead or in jail. I mean, open season on "The Hook's" compound is pretty brazen and disrespectful. Even for someone that was not liked. Unless the people that allowed it to happen were anticipating a nice cut of whatever it was they would find. IF there was something to find.

Nice article! Weird that they always incorrectly say he was called "The Hook" for hanging juice loan victims from meat hooks. I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone had taken some steaks or meat from the fridge at the social club and Angelo would sit in there at night in the dark with a shotgun trying to catch who was stealing the meat. Guy with that much scratch caring that much about some missing meat. I guess the principle of the thing. Never heard that Angelo was a drunk like Jackie, surprised that's not a bigger deal...not good for guys to be getting drunk and possibly running their mouths or making stupid decisions while wasted.

That story about Angelo at ONIAC is from the Scalise/Rachel/Pullia wiretaps - they talk about him being nutty following a prison stint. If you followed that case, they were also meeting with Jimmy Inendino on Grand Avenue where it was alleged they got 'permission' to hit Angelo's house. I think some of that had to do with the Outfit's distaste of the Calabrese crew at that time (Kurt Calabrese was married to Angelo's daughter and his mother in law was in the home when the FBI caught them). I'm sure they definitely wanted some money.

I've been to ONIAC and their events previously - I've heard guys say Angelo was a cagey old man who scared people shitless.

These guys really also don't give a fuck about your family. The Outfit has extorted the families of deceased mobsters frequently and I'm not talking Joe Fosco - Ricca's kids were scammed, Solano's kids, etc. There is a well-known story that Ferriola's kids have discussed about the day their father died, Rocky Infelise came in the house and immediately emptied their family safe. I assume that was the 'bank' for their crew - but its heartless.

Last edited by ChiTown; 02/14/24 12:25 PM.