Gratteri: «This is how the 'Ndrangheta tried to kill my children»
Fake road accidents and hitmen disguised as policemen, the prosecutor tells Peter Gomez the details of the failed attacks on his family members

Editorial board -February 13, 2024 9.39pm

«The 'Ndrangheta organized a fake road accident to kill my son» . Thus Nicola Gratteri , guest of Peter Gomez's La Confessione which, starting this evening, arrives on Raitre at 11pm. Various attempted attacks, not only against him as a magistrate, but also aimed at the people closest to him: his wife, before she became one, someone shot at the door of the house with a message: "you are marrying a dead man" ; to both of his sons.

In 2016, when the eldest was studying in Messina, two fake policemen entered the building where he lived . He saw the balaclavas and managed to lock himself inside the house and raise the alarm. «Has anyone in the family ever told her: “Dad, is it worth it? ”», Gomez asked.

«I had these problems when I was growing up. – replied the chief prosecutor of Naples -. They had also organized a fake road accident for their other young son – he continued – They had decided from the Reggio Calabria prison to have him hit with an SUV while he was on his motorbike" . Luckily all attempts were unsuccessful: «On both occasions we found out beforehand so nothing happened, but both my children were put under guard and this creates tension in a family», concluded Gratteri.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"