Prosecutor Gratteri: "There are problems of violence and Camorra in Naples, but it's not South America"
“Naples is not South America, it is an unfair comparison”: thus the prosecutor of Naples, Nicola Gratteri, who nevertheless speaks of “a problem of violence and Camorra”
By Giuseppe Cozzolino

Nicola Gratteri, Prosecutor of Naples. Photo / Fanpage.it
In Naples "there is a problem of violence and Camorra", but the comparison with South America "is a strong statement that I don't agree with". The Neapolitan prosecutor Nicola Gratteri thus responds to some declarations following the inauguration of the judicial year. And for Gratteri it is an "unfortunate" comparison.

"But have you ever been to Bogotà, Caracas, Cartagena and then made a comparison with Naples?", he explained today on the sidelines of the signing of a protocol to the Municipality of Naples, "I have been dozens of times to South America and I know that what violence is. Of the last 25 murders in Naples, 18 have been discovered. And talking about a South American city, a city in the hands of the mafia, is not right. Study the great Italian metropolises of the North, then tell me if Naples is more or less dangerous." For the prosecutor of Naples, the city has "different levels of Camorra: the one that bothers the most and directly affects people and the one on the street like the ones who hang them, a phenomenon that, as a magistrate who fought the 'Ndrangheta, I cannot understand get used to it, I don't understand them. Not even on a criminal level."

Problems that the President of the Court of Appeal of Naples, Eugenio Forgillo, had also highlighted in the report for the opening of the 2024 judicial year , who, regarding criminal violence and the cities themselves, had spoken of a "display of a sterile violence", with "expeditions on scooters and motorcycles with blind shooting in urban areas", to the point that "the persistence of these illegal phenomena brings this territorial area closer to some underdeveloped foreign realities rather than to civilized countries".

continua su: https://www.fanpage.it/napoli/il-pr...olenza-e-camorra-ma-non-e-il-sudamerica/
https://www.fanpage.it/

"The king is dead, long live the king!"