from these 3 articles it looks like cantave was a blues allied member linked to markens vilme (imprisoned) and atna onha (still unsure of spelling). onha has recentlu been linked to patrick lock a f.p. HA member from either the trois rivieres chapter or montreal. vilme has also been linked to youness aithaqi (imprisoned) a gang member alleged to be responsible for directing arsons against both the accurso family and businesses in the laval area. if we take away anything from this it can be that the victim was NOT allied with the rizzuto-sollecito clan or mirarchi, or for that matter any other clan. cantave would then fall into those allied with HA if but barely. i mention the mafia clans only because i think its important to try to decipher with these gang hits which are related to a possible conflict between criminal groups and which are gang disputes arising from facebook rap videos or other minor incidents totally unrelated to organized crime. this murder appears to be related to a conflict not a petty dispute. the readiness of the press and police to name his associates and long criminal record doesnt put him in the low level gang banger category to me.

so possible related to rizzuto-sollecito clan vs. MTL HA
turmel allied gangs vs. HA

....??? for now, i guess we will see...eventually.