Originally Posted by Toodoped
Originally Posted by ChiTown
Originally Posted by Toodoped
Btw I dont know if you guys ever knew that Scalise served as a technical advisor for the 2009 movie Public Enemies with Johnny Depp lol. This was after the burglary attempt on LaPietras house. Only in the U.S. lol

Scalise was interviewed several times for his role in that movie - a bunch of those 'behind the scenes' or 'making the movie' documentaries. He talks openly about the feeling of a score. Michael Mann actually had a lot of friends who were serious burglars in Chicago - he had quite a lot of real life influence.

Scalise was also a kid born into wealth - his father was college educated as are his siblings.

You probably remember that Bill Hanhardt also acted as technical advisor for the 1981 movie "Thief". NY mobster Anthony Casso lied that the movie was about his burglary gang, obviously since Hanhardt was from Chicago and used stories from his own burglary crews lol

Yeah James Caan actually hung out on social clubs on Grand Avenue in the early 80s - he was tight with Legs D'Antonio and guys like that - the real people in Handhardt's burglary crew. I knew Sam DeStefano Jr. socially in the 1990s who was in that crew - he told me the movie Heat was based on another Chicago crew. Mann was said to be working on a movie about Accardo - I wonder what ever happened to that. Mann had a real fascination with the Outfit.

Last edited by ChiTown; 02/06/24 12:42 PM.