Originally Posted by TheArm
I sure can...first hand
It actually started under Frangiamore and Pops, but it was Todaro who put the pieces back together.
AS I have often said, the ABC wars were not confined to Rochester.It went on from Ohio to New England and from the Adirondacks to Pennsylvania.Everyone thought they could grab a chunk of real estate becuse the perception was Buffalo was on the ropes. In Easten upsate NY, it was the Colombo's and Buffalinos.
Frangiamore went to the commission and Tony Ducks said, and I quote,"I don't give a shut who runs those cow towns"
The attitude of the crews in Upstate NY was that we were rather die a miserable death than have to answer and kick up to scumbags like D'Ela and Persico, so we went to the mattresses and stood our ground.
In the end we won but it cost some of us our lives and a lot of us our freedom, some for longer than others.
By the early 90s it was over but the leadership structure was in shables. It was Tadoro that came in and sorted it all out.
I have known the current skipper from central NY since we were kids, and Russ is a stand up guy, but all due respect, he is NOT his dad. Benny Carcone was a superstar, may he rest in peace

Arm,

Met Benny,his wife , and Russ and a cousin a long time ago.Thought the whole family were great people.I don't know anything about them having anything to do with the mob. My memory is they worked for City of Utica and the wife was a teacher. Benny was a really nice guy on a personal level. Very friendly and polite gentleman. And Russ was was also a good guy in how he treated people. Benny talked about having been from the Bronx and able to go on his roof and see NY Giants play in Polo Grounds and Yankees play at Yankee Stadium from his roof. Sorry to hear Benny is no longer around.Wish Russ and his family the best.