Originally Posted by Irishman12
FERRARI

Set during the 1957 Mille Miglia (a 1,000 mile race across Italy), the story unfolds between Enzo Ferrari's (Adam Driver) crumbling empire, his strained relationship with his wife Laura (Penelope Cruz), and his mistress Lina Lardi (Shailene Woodley) who shares a child with Ferrari. Ferrari needs to win the Mille Miglia to help his company remain solvent while also balancing out his personal life between the 2 aforementioned ladies. The film took a little bit for me to get into and I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest Michael Mann fan (he's hit-or-miss for my tastes) and this was average. The racing scenes were probably my favorite for the sheer noise of the machines as well as the cinematography. However, the story does slow down in parts (no pun intended) when he's with Laura or Lina. A couple of casting choices I question too are Woodley as Ferrari's mistress as well as Patrick Dempsey who plays Piero Taruffi, a driver on Ferrari's team. They unfortunately stand out but not for the right reasons. 6/10

Thanks I'm a big Mann fan and grew up adoring Ferrari and other Italian supercars.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"