Originally Posted by Turnbull
Originally Posted by JCrusher

. Yet he made Tom acting Don after the Tahoe shooting. With Mike everything was about paranoia and turning on his family

...and control. That scene was a marvel of manipulation--"You're my brother, Tom." Tom, practically breaking into tears, "Always wanted to be considered your brother" -- meaning that Tom didn't think Michael considered him "a brother" until that point, after all those years. Michael needed him then. But, as soon as he came back from Havana, in charge again and knowing who the traitor was, Michael went right back to yelling at Tom, treating him as a subordinate.

True The Master Manipulator knew exactly which buttons to push, for brother Tom

Michael yelled at Tom as soon as he came back from Havana This one time -- this one time because he couldn't give him a straight answer anymore! Sonny had lashed out at Tom too

Originally Posted by Lana
Tom sets himself up for [self] punishment! every time. Tom never learns....

Tom asked the question in front of Rocco and Neri. Why did you ask me if something was wrong when I came in? So Michael answered in front of them.

He may not be a wartime Consiglieri but even in routine simple matters, Michael had to guide him, frustrating him.
How could he have not known about Pentangeli's survival?