THE BEEKEEPER

Jason Statham stars as Adam Clay, a beekeeper who befriends Eloise Parker (Phylicia Rashad); however, one day Eloise is scammed out of her life savings by unknowingly downloading malware onto her computer. The guilt of her mistake is too much for her and she takes her own life. Adam takes it upon himself to find those responsible to take revenge and for all of the other victims this organization has scammed. I personally enjoy Statham's films and there's only a few people who could have stared in this that I would have taken them up on to see in theaters as the trailer left me feeling mid about it. However, I did enjoy it more than I thought I would and if the box office numbers are favorable, I could see at least a sequel come out of this. A few strange additions in the cast came along for the ride in Jeremy Irons and Josh Hutcherson. Both are enjoyable with Hutcherson having more freedom with his rich, spoiled brat character. Not necessarily a film that needs to be seen in theaters but for fans of Statham, it's worth a shot at some point. 6/10