Michael like father like son Same as Vito, the enemies have to be wiped out
However Times were changing Also Vito's Criminality and Michael's “legitimacy”

• Vito
Vito enjoyed the power and fear that he wielded “to control” - among others, just ask!
1. Signor Roberto, Carmela's friend's landlord
2. Don Ciccio, one leg in the grave
3. band leader's brains or his signature
4. Woltz via Khartoum [defenceless prize horse]
5. anybody about killing machine Luca, Vito's most valued friend

Vito was instrumental, contributed and caused the misery of every one of his children to their gloom and doom including the violent deaths of Sonny and Fredo Thanks! Pop

Here's the thing Extracts:
Originally Posted by Turnbull
He knew he could never be considered “legitimate” in society” and “I don't apologize -- that's my life” [emphasis added]
but burdened Michael with Vito's goal for Michael to be “legitimate” in society” and Michael's driving force and obsession “to be the biggest power in US [and Havana] gambling —legal and illegal” Bigger than US Steel Thanks! Pop

Vito's "to be respected and honored by those whom he helped” - always with a caveat
Some day and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me - Keeps hanging over their head

Paulie and Tessio still betrayed Vito. Carlo when Vito was in Hospital recovering from hit with five shots

• Michael
—once he had power he never stopped trying to get more
Even after being blessed by the Pope, and despite his hundreds of millions of dollars of net worth, Michael still wanted more: more money and more power through the Immobiliare deal.--and more leverage over the Vatican through the bailout...he never stopped.
That is the Good Business Practice of powerful and successful people They never stop

Vito had a huge wedding for Connie not dissimilar to Anthony's party
Michael too “surrounded himself with family and retainers” Mama, Tom, Fredo and Connie to come and live on his estate with her kids
Neri, Rocco....

Vito -- where is the fairness? - comply with his “justice” or die
  • band leader
The band leader couldn't benefit after building up Fontane's career probably from an unknown, to a star and the band leader's brains would have been on the contract if he hadn't signed off Fontane's release

• Woltz
Woltz was forced to cast the actor he never wanted for his movie, making him look ridiculous! and Woltz' head would have been.... if Fontane hadn't got the part in Woltz' movie
Johnny Fontane never gets that movie. That part is perfect for him;
It'll make him a big star. And I'm gonna run him out of the business -- --

• Geary
after Geary's squeeze and insults “—having a hooker killed [deplorable and Tom too] to blackmail Geary”

Was Michael bloodthirsty?
Originally Posted by Evita
Extract: Khartoum and Hooker -- both were defenseless, truly innocent victims and I reckon, parallel could be drawn

• Roth
In fairness, Michael was not “attempting to murder Roth to get his holdings” Michael was negotiating in Good Faith

It was Roth who was attempting to murder Michael after stringing Michael along as his son and successor and Roth's murder was only after Roth's attempt to machine gun Michael down

Once a common Mafia hood -- Michael can never be out!