Astrid Holleeder: 'Hopefully a life sentence for my brother will be a signal to major criminals'
January 9, 2024

Astrid Holleeder indicated to RTL Boulevard on Tuesday afternoon that she was relieved about the final sentence of life in prison for her brother Willem. The Supreme Court upheld his previous conviction before the Court today.

Straight
"I am relieved because justice has been done to all victims," ??the former lawyer says on the RTL Boulevard website. 'But also intensely sad. For him, he is and remains my brother, whom I also loved," she responded after the Supreme Court's ruling on Tuesday.

'But also for all the others he has dragged into his evil deeds. And quite a few of whom are now also facing hopelessness.'

Astrid Holleeder testified in the Vandros case against her own brother, as did her sister Sonja, and Holleeder's ex Sandra den Hartog.

Signal
"I just hope that it is a signal to everyone who thinks that these types of serious criminal offenses go unpunished," Astrid responds. 'When we see how many young people are shamelessly used for these kinds of acts by the rich, big boys, this is a good sign. Even the big boys can't get away with it.'

Assignment
The court sentenced Holleeder to life imprisonment in June 2022 for, among other things, ordering the murder of five people. Six men died, including her brother-in-law Cor van Hout and Willem Endstra. At RTL Boulevard: 'I hope that all relatives can now find some peace.'

"The king is dead, long live the king!"