Just because we gotta start 2014 off right...lol
--

THE CONFESSION...

Vito, a kid in the neighborhood, was feeling a little guilty, so he decided to go to church, to confession.

"Father, I wanna confess that I kinda took a little lumber from that new construction site down the block.”

The Priest, recognizing the voice, remarked, "Is that you Vito? What did you do with the lumber, my son?"

The kid Vito: "Well, Father, my grandmother's porch, she's had a big hole in it, for a long time. And I was afraid she’d fall in and hurt herself. So I fixed the hole."

The Priest: "Well, that's not such a bad thing, my son.”

Vito: "Well, Father, I had a little lumber leftover.”

The Priest: “Is that right? So, what did you do with it?"

Vito: "Well, my poor dog, Brutus, he never had a nice warm, dry place to get outta the bad weather when it would rain or snow. So I make him his own little doghouse."

The Priest: "OK…Is there anything else you’d like to get off your chest my boy?”

Vito: "Well, Father, I had a little more lumber leftover. And ya know, same as our dog, my pop never had a shed or garage to park his truck inside of, and through the years it was getting real beat up from the weather, so I make him a nice two-car garage."

Upon hearing this, the Priest was a bit taken back, and remarked: "Now Vito, this is starting to get a little out of hand already. It sounds like you stole a lot of wood from that business. For your penance, you're going to have to make a major Novena. You do know how to make a Novena, don't you?"

Vito: “I’m not really sure, Father... But, if you got the plans, I got the lumber."

-

Happy New Year 2024 folks!