Originally Posted by Giacalone
Originally Posted by Irishman12
SALTBURN

Barry Keoghan stars as Oxford scholarship student Oliver Quick, an outcast who barely has one friend at school before befriending the wealthy and popular Felix Catton (Jacob Elordi). Oliver tells Felix he wishes not to go home for the summer as his parents both battle with mental issues (his mother) and addiction (his father). As a friendly gesture, Felix invites Oliver to his family's estate (Saltburn) for the summer. Once there, Oliver quickly gets a taste of high society and it becomes his addiction that leads to dire consequences for everyone else. Director Emerald Fennell follows up her still underrated IMO 2020 film PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN with another fantastic film! The trailer looked decent enough to me and once it dropped on Amazon Prime, I decided to give it a whirl and I'm glad I did. Keoghan strings together a masterful performance as Oliver with an outstanding supporting cast the likes of Elordi, Rosamund Pike, Richard E. Grant, and Carey Mulligan. The film takes a dark twist before it's all said and done and while most of what's revealed isn't a huge surprise, it's still a nice touch and I appreciated the story having the balls to see it through. Historically I've never been impressed with Prime movies but this is one I recommend seeing. 7/10

Very interesting review Irish. Thank you. I want to see this now

I'm also a big fan of Rosamund Pike

Let me know what you think if you watch it.