ANYONE BUT YOU

After a brief and spontaneous meeting that turned sour the following morning Ben (Glen Powell) and Bea (Sydney Sweeney) run into each other again at a destination wedding in Australia. Both are still bitter about how their initial first date ended and while they attempt not to ruin the wedding, their animosity towards each other is too much and they wind up doing just that. However, Ben's old fling Margaret (Charlee Fraser) is also at the wedding as well as Bea's ex-fiance Jonathan (Darren Barnet). In order to get Bea's parents off of her back about rekindling her relationship with Jonathan as well as assist Ben in making Margaret jealous of what she no longer has, the two agree to fake a romantic relationship during the trip. However, being a romantic comedy, I'm sure you can guess how it ends. In saying that, I'm not a fan of romantic comedies at all (they're just not my genre). But this is enjoyable as it's not overly sappy or mushy, has quite a few laughs throughout, and Powell/Sweeney make a good onscreen couple. I wasn't expecting much going into this, figured I'd give it a shot before another movie I was seeing, and I'm glad I caught it as it exceeded my expectations. 6/10