"THE BEATLES: LET IT BE" (1969)

This movie should have been subtitled "McCartney hires three surly sidemen to play on his album" It was his idea to film them in the studio making the record of the same name, not long before they broke up--and the tension shows, big time. None of the other three look at the camera, leaving it all to Paul and his wistful glances. Ono sits on a chair, a dark and (except for Lennon) ignored presence. McCartney nastily hectors Harrison on his playing--ugly. The mood lightens a bit when ace keyboard player Billy Preston shows up (apparently at Harrison's invitation). A few bright moments: McCartney's overarching musicianship--he could have been a concert pianist; Starr, the most overlooked and belittled Moptop, effortlessly laying down just the right drum tracks without direction from Uncle Paulie; Lennon and Ono waltzing gracefully around the studio while Harrison records "I Me Mine." The famous rooftop concert (a great idea) shows why (as McCartney said) "We were always a pretty good little rock 'n roll band." But they had clearly come to the end of that long and winding road.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.