the only person identified as being part of the aug.3 2016 attempted murder of marco pizzi is kevin rochebrun, the very same man now being charged with attempted murder of leonardo rizzuto. rochebrun however was never charged with attempt on pizzi, he plead to a list of gun and drug possession charges and was sentenced on may.24 2017 to 5 years. at subsequent parole hearings rochebrun was notified that his life was at risk if paroled, this revelation apparently left rochebrun non plussed which is somewhat odd. rochebrun has no confirmed ties to any street gang, but is often mentioned as being linked to a mtl street gang or a red affiliated street gang or some other non confirmed nonsense. you will also find a passing reference to him being a close friend of now deceased marco claudio campellone. this past connection can be now dismissed as campellone was murdered sept 2015 and his extended family has no known current connections to any mafia clan. there also has been no information about who the other shooter was in the aug 2016 attempt. rochebrun has been confirmed as driver but all media reports state there was another shooter.

the 2 men arrested for the attempt on barberio are gahens-lee souverain (shooter) and mclee charles, both arrested dec.1 2022 and charged. these 2 have also been charged with an attempt on carlos fernandez feb. 16 2022. in the attempt on barberio he was wounded in the stomach in the shooting. i did find an interesting quote from a daniel renaud la presse article from dec. 1 2022..."the attempted murder of which barberio was the victim could have as a backdrop a conflict with a member of the HELLS ANGELS." may or not be true but caught my eye re reading article. onto fernandez the attempt on him, although no shots were fired took place 5 months later. fernandez was a full patch of ontario nomads chapter before its 2016 closing. he was monitored during magot/mastiff for control of a drug territory in hoch-maiss area. in more recent articles he has now been mentioned as a former member or a longtime associate. some of those who were once part of ottawa based nomads chapter have faced reprisal in past, martin bernatchez and phil boudreault most famously. so i wonder if fernandez and barberio were working together? the odds of each hring the same hit team to take each other out is impossible and a non starter. likely then the same group or person using same hit team, but as far as who that is remains to be seen.

as of now there is no suspects, no theories no arrests related to the nov 2021 attempt on serafino oliverio or the sept 2023 murder of his nephew giuseppe in the D.R. most articles about oliverio state some past connection or alliance with vito rizzuto. as i stated above these past connections can now be dismissed. other articles state there was a falling out with generic 'rizzutos' catch all term, whatever that means. what almost all articles do agree on is that the oliverio-lopez clan operate independently of other mtl based mafia clans. during the magot/mastiff investigation the then 3 lopez brothers had been charged with wholesaling cocaine to associates of greg woolley and HA drug groups.

and as far as sides and breaking off from 'rizzutos' that took place years ago. to state again there is no central mafia leadership. none, except the sollecito clan can be conclusively linked to working together. thus far i have listed 4 clans, with the rizzuto/sollecito being one large clan. i will continue to post the remainder, but as of now who works with whom amongst these clans is unknown. as far as which groups may be working with some of these clans is also mostly unknown.