PRISCILLA

A film about the power couple from Priscilla's POV, Cailee Spaeny and Jacob Elordi star in this beautifully shot film from director Sofia Coppola. The film begins with 15-year-old Priscilla being courted by Elvis while they're both in West Germany in 1959. From there it details her moving into Graceland with him, their marriage and child (Lisa Marie). I'm not sure how much of the story is fact or fiction but it is based upon Priscilla's novel, ELVIS & ME. She's also an executive producer so I'm sure she would have made her opinions known if she felt the film was being disrespectful to Elvis in anyway as the film depicts a rather strong bond between the two. It also paints Elvis as unstable at times. Prone to anger and outbursts before quickly apologizing (the pills may have played a role in that as well). However, I was quite impressed with both 25-year-old Spaeny and 26-year-old Elordi's performance. They're both terrific and have great chemistry together. Keep in mind, this is not the Austin Butler version of Elvis. He's very subdued outside of his anger fits and his accent isn't as strong either but the performance is still enjoyable. I would endorse a viewing in theaters if you're even the slightest bit curious on this one. I'm looking forward to another viewing again myself! 7/10