KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON

The story tells the true story of the massacre of the Osage people. Osage are a Native American people in Oklahoma who struck it rich when oil was found upon their land. Years later, the wolves come through in an attempt to swindle some of that money for themselves: those specifically being William Hale (Robert De Niro) and his nephew Ernest Burkhart (Leonardo DiCaprio). Ernest returns to his uncle after fighting in World War I and attempts to reassimilate to civilian life as a taxi driver, when he meets and drives home Mollie (Lily Gladstone). The two soon hit it off, get married, and start a family. But everything is not as it seems as even by his own confession, Ernest loves nothing more in this world than money and the audience rides shotgun as a voyeur to the coming tragedy to Mollie and her people for their money. Another Scorsese masterpiece and while I didn't overly love the film, I did enjoy it. My interest in the story ran hot and cold at times but the cast and Scorsese's mastery kept me entertained throughout. And yes, while the runtime is clocked at 3 hours and 26 minutes, 10 minutes of that is reserved for the credits, so for those who can't sit an extra 16 minutes longer than the recent Marvel movies, spare me. The pacing is on point while the story and film never seem to drag. I can easily see all of De Niro, DiCaprio, Gladstone, and Scorsese walk away with at least Oscar nominations. 8/10