Originally Posted by Irishman12
Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Now that the season is officially over for the Yankees, what’s next? How does this team get fixed?

Unfortunately, there's no quick fixes. Word is Yoshinobu Yamamoto who's throwing lights out in Japan right now (Link), is poised to make the jump so I wouldn't mind seeing the Yanks maybe take a stab at him. Cashman was in attendance during his last complete game a few weeks ago. Plus, the kid's only 24. I said before the year started and I'm sticking to it: I wouldn't mind the Yankees taking a flyer on Trevor Bauer either. Give him a 1 year deal, allow him to rebuild his value. I understand the backlash because of his past and him and Cole aren't the greatest of friends but I don't care. I want to win a title, not a popularity contest. Here are his numbers on Japan this season (Link

As for the hitting, I have no idea other than Judge and Stanton need to remain healthy (which we all know they're not going to do). Dominguez going down was a blow. DJ has cratered and come back down to earth after he signed his extension in '21. They're also gonna need a first baseman pretty soon as next year will be Rizzo's last.

I want that pitcher from Japan. I wouldn’t mind Bauer but if we didn’t sign him I wouldn’t be mad either. Cody Bellinger is a free agent and maybe they can make some trades to get some more bat to ball skill hitters in our lineup.