THE KILL ROOM

Reuniting frequent Tarantino collaborators, THE KILL ROOM finds Uma Thurman as Patrice, an art gallery owner with an Adderall addiction, who is slowly losing her standing within the art community as well as her gallery. Samuel L. Jackson stars as Gordon, the owner of a Jewish bakery across the river from Patrice's gallery in New Jersey. They both have a problem and believe they can help the other person out. Recently, Gordon's money launderer got busted, so he's looking to clean his cash, while Patrice could use the increase in cash flow at her gallery under the guise of selling art. Joe Manganiello stars as The Bagman, a hitman for Gordon's operation and the name he uses as an artist who has to create the paintings Patrice must sell in order to launder Gordon's money. The script is thin and I'm sure the studio and producers were banking on Thurman and Jackson's names alone to bring in audiences (and hey, it worked on me). It's a fun little story with nothing really standing out. I'm a fan of both Thurman and Jackson so their performances didn't disappoint and it was fun seeing Uma's daughter Maya, do battle with her mother for a few scenes. This is the type of film you watch on an international flight when you want to check out something you've never seen before. 5.5/10