Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Ever since my wife retired 3 mnths. ago , Iv'e been back 2 blowing her mind w/ some old school dishes she is not used 2...2nite??..Seafood Diavolo...made a shrimp stock w/ the shrimp peels & leeks..set that aside..tomato sauce w/ San Marzano tomatoes , shallots , onions, basil, birds eye chilis , fresh chopped tomato from our garden (the last of them)..,lots o' garlic ,white wine , oregano & a little Old Bay..let that simmer while I clean the Mussels & clams (little necks)...after sauce has reduced a bit , add the shrimp stock..& red pepper flake..get another pot ready 4 the pasta...drop 1lb. snow crab directly into the red sauce...rinsed BUT not thawed so all the ocean juices go into the gravy..yea boy!!..now..heat up a large skillet w/ evoo,butter, course chopped garlic, basil & sear the dozen U15 (almost collasal ) shrimp on 1 side..remove the half cooked shrimp , ..in same pan de-glaze w/ dry white wine ,scrape all that love on the bottom...dump all the clams & mussels into the pan ..adding more stock or wine if needed..plus my own blend of spices(Old Bay,creole ,cracked tri color pepper, pink sea salt & thyme) & a good glob o' butter...cover & wait 4 shellfish 2 open..1nce open..(only 8 mnts.folks)..please dont over cook shellfish or any c-food 4 that matter...pour some of the fond (juices from the clams & mussells etc..) into the tomato sauce & whisk well...now u have a real seafood tomato fra diavlo sauce..whoopee!!...take a large bowl & toss some pasta w/ the gravy ..put into your loved ones NICE serving BOWL..now top w/ the cluster of crab..a dozen each of mussels & clams & 6 shrimp nicely arranged around the whole jawn..& top w/ more seafood gravy...serve w/ a good crusty Italian bread slices...the rest 4u ..?..I just dump the whole fuckin' kittenkaboodle into a giant bowl and go 2 town it & watch my baby enjoy herself ..dont forget the Ducale Reserve Chanti!!!...Mangia!.

I forgot... I have 2 admit , when I was sauteing the onions & garlic.. in the beginning 4 the sauce..I used some Cento brand Anchovy oil w/ the evoo..as well as 4 rinsed finely chopped anchovies , they dissolve nicely in the process..

That is amazing. Thank you for sharing!