i only listed focarazzo because of his name constantly being mentioned in articles and reports. i have thought for the longest time that focarazzo was a cell leader working under the overall leadership of the rizzuto/sollecito faction. however with the current MAFIA and HA rivalry going on it is hard to tell which side focarazzo falls on. he has been mentioned as being close as well to some HA or acting as a link to HA members and chapters. what HA has never been mentioned, focarazzo has been called a leader or strongman of laval as well. one of his alleged close associates was arrested months ago in a large drug trafficking bust with links to the HA south chapter so that could be the link right there...who knows? (martin daze).

there is also the issue of naming the mtl mafia with some kind of proper consistent terminology. our reporters and authors from la presse and jdm sometimes refer to clans, cells, relatives, members, associates, factions its all a little more than confusing.

i see it as this, using the rizzuto/sollecito faction as example.

RIZZUTO/SOLLECITO FACTION= an alliance of 2 or more clans...rizzuto and sollecito.
composed of= an unknown number of cells...

possible cell examples
focarazzo
sollecito bros
salvaggio
-who really knows how many cells operate under any one clan leader. would depend entirely on size, power and influence of clan.

also a clan leader could also be deemed a cell leader fulfilling both roles with a small cell of members or associates reporting direct to him. this could indeed be the case with leonardo rizzuto. he has often been described since 2015 as a leader of the mtl mafia. rizzuto is most certainly allied with stefano sollecito. these 2 comprise the leadership of the faction.

so we could have...
THE RIZZUTO/SOLLECITO FACTION
the rizzuto clan
leader
leonardo rizzuto

with these members reporting direct to him...
calogero renda
nicola spagnolo
liborio cuntrera

i feel i may have diverted off the path, but these things have been swimming around my head lately. i will not say that each clan, cell or faction is composed the same. likely each clan/cell has a slightly different structure.