THE MEAN ONE

In the same vein as recent release WINNIE THE POOH: BLOOD AND HONEY, THE MEAN ONE is a horror take on the timeless Christmas classic Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Taking place in Newville, the film opens with young Cindy confronting The Grinch about why he's stealing their Christmas until her mother arrives and attacks the Grinch in an effort to get him to leave; however, Cindy's life is forever changed when the Grinch fights back and kills her mother. Still suffering the effects of that night, 20 years later Cindy returns to Newville in order to confront her demons and move past it, until a certain green creator continues his murderous rampage. Audiences know going into this they're not expecting THE GODFATHER but rather a fun, B-type movie that's a new and fun take on an existing classic and that's exactly what this film delivers. It's a low budget film that proves that with its sometimes eye sore CGI and rapid cuts that tend to be a little annoying but overall, it's still a fun way to kill 93 minutes. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and I'm hoping more of these children classics receive the horror treatment. 6/10