Affiliations, "words" and burning truths: the role of the repentant Villani in the trials of the Foggia mafia
By Editorial Staff 8 October 2023 OPENING
Patrizio Villani, former killer of the Sinesi-Francavilla battery, could be heard in the second degree of "Big Dipper". Many reconstructions have been provided to investigators in recent months

Not just the Gargano mafia. Even the Foggia mafia is shaking after the repentance of some former affiliates. Among these, Patrizio Villani stands out , a 46-year-old originally from San Marco in Lamis, former killer of the Sinesi-Francavilla battery . According to a recent article in the Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno , Villani could soon be heard in the "Grande Carro" appeal process against the Delli Carri gang, an offshoot of the Sinesi.

The trial, split into two strands (abbreviated and ordinary proceedings), arose from a maxi operation in 2020 which documented various crimes: mafia-type association, money laundering, extortion, illicit competition with threats or violence, kidnapping for the purpose of extortion, illegal possession of weapons/explosives, scams to obtain public funds (also with reference to EU ones) and other crimes, all aggravated pursuant to art. 416 bis.1 CP, for having facilitated the activities of a mafia organisation.
Villani, definitively sentenced to 30 years for the Tizzano murder in the H24 bar in Foggia , should be heard to speak about Luciano Cupo , sentenced in first instance to 7 years and 4 months for mafia association and complicity in extortion.

But who is the 46-year-old from San Marino? Villani is the one who last year revealed to the DDA magistrates numerous details on the last 40 years of criminal history in the Foggiano area. Panunzio murder, extortion from entrepreneurs, drug trafficking and even affiliation rites.

The declarations made on the attack on the building contractor in 1992 were sensational. For a long time it was thought that the perpetrator was Donato Delli Carri, on trial in "Big Dipper", definitively sentenced to 27 years for the killing of Panunzio. But here is what an interrogation report to Villani reports: “ Federico Trisciuoglio was one of Roberto Sinesi 's men only to later make the split. The Trisciuoglio battery still exists and receives illicit proceeds like the other batteries. Currently he has approached the Moretti drums. He participated in Giovanni Panunzio's ambush together with Donato Delli Carri, in particular Trisciuoglio was the material executor.Furthermore, it was he who killed the entrepreneur Ciuffreda (in 1990, ed. ), the one who was killed before Panunzio. I learned this last fact from the Francavilla brothers and then also from Francesco Russo and Franco Vitagliani. This was also told to me by Donato Delli Carri in prison in Taranto."

Affiliations

“The Sinesi clan is historically confederate with the Francavillas. Roberto Sinesi was affiliated with Franco Coco Trovato and Pepè Flachi before the 1990s. Trovato was from the Rocco Papalia clan , he was Calabrian. Papalia was from the area of ??Platì, Africo and San Luca, exactly from Platì. He was in practice (Trovato) a prominent man of the Rocco Papalia clan and in those periods they were supported in Foggia by Pepè Flachi, together with other Calabrians, including Vittorio Foschini who later became a collaborator of justice . And they affiliated Roberto Sinesi, Vincenzo Parisi, they also affiliated Li Bergolis, 'Ciccillo', Pasquale Li Bergolis,Silvestri nicknamed 'the Apicanese', who was later killed in 2002, was also affiliated. And Federico Trisciuoglio was also affiliated . Roberto Sinesi's nephews, Francesco and Donato Delli Carri, were also affiliated together with Federico Trisciuoglio. I know these things because I joined the affiliation in 2009, but I was already part of this clan before. At first I didn't believe it. Then, in 2009, Luigi Biscotti explained it to me perfectly, he said: 'You have to do it because they take you with us - like that - it's something we have to do' . And I also decided to do the affiliation ritual. In the Foggia prison, in the Prima Vecchia section. We did it while walking."

The “speech”

The prosecutor Perrone Capano asked Villani: "Would you be able to tell us how a Foggia dialect works?". By "speech" we mean a sort of sermon, a nursery rhyme recited to carry out the ritual.

Villani: “So, it works like this, you say: 'Good morning' ... then 'here' . 'Good morning, wise man, I'm coming to you this morning, with one hand I shine the light and with the other I turn on the light. You are compliant and conformist, society was formed with words of silence . And you answer and say, 'Who do I have the burden of talking to?' – 'You have the burden of speaking with a person made with agreements, forms and conformity, active here, outside here and in any location' . And he says to him: 'But then are you compliant?' . He says: 'How many...' ... and then he says: 'How many buttons does your shirt have?' . And you tell him: 'Seven', because there are seven positions. And then he asks you the question and says, 'How many buttons did you button?' . And you tell him how long you had the charge, and you tell him, 'Four buttons.' And then you tell him your strengths, 'And what are your strengths?' – 'I have a starry brow to light your path ; my eyes are two pearls to blind the infamous and unworthy; my mouth is fairy to sweeten matters; my tongue is a swordto cut and carve your speech; my chest is cold and hard as marble; my shoulders are the mirror that reflect your image; my legs are two springs to bounce from duel to battle'. 'Who is your father?' – 'My father is the sun, my mother the moon and my brothers are the stars. My grandfather is an old carter who lives on Mont Blanc and comes down three times a year, Christmas, Easter and August, and comes down to carry the bodies of the infamous and unworthy. And he washes his soul in the waters of the Jordan River ."

https://www.immediato.net/2023/10/0...illani-nei-processi-alla-mafia-foggiana/

Last edited by Hollander; 10/08/23 07:25 AM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"