SOUND OF FREEDOM

The unfortunate true story of former Homeland Security agent Tim Ballard (Jim Caviezel), who rescues a young boy being trafficked for sex at the US/Mexico border. However, once he reunites the boy with his father, Ballard learns about his sister who's still being trafficked. The difficult part is, she could be anywhere in the world and as a federal agent attempting to rescue her abroad, his resources are rather limited as the US government doesn't want to get into an international conflict about this with opposing countries. Throughout the film, Tim must make many difficult decisions such as the time he's losing with his own 6 children, his career, and his safety. I've been a fan of Caviezel's but more so recently as it's become quite apparent he chooses roles he's most passionate about and I couldn't think of a more contemporary issue to shine a spotlight on than child sex trafficking. Unfortunately, the media and Hollywood didn't embrace this film like they should have (dealing with the subject matter) until it started to make noise at the box office; and even then it was rather mute compared to some of the other blockbusters in recent memory. I'm glad moviegoers voted with their wallets and let their voices be heard that we want more of this type of content. A difficult film to sit through but truly powerful and highly recommended. 7.5/10