Originally Posted by Liggio
So here goes.... my favorite has got to be the no-show job. The idea of those wiseguys sitting around the house or out committing more crimes while collecting paychecks without even showing up for work makes me laugh my fucking ass off. Then there's the ones who do show up, but perform no work, and his sucker coworkers can't say shit because they know who he is lol....

I guess the real question and true test of your principles would be whether or not you would be equally amused by these mobsters if it was your business they were shaking down with no show and no work jobs. I would give you all the credit in the world if you laughed along while they stole from you.

To answer your question though; as much as its been talked about to death I really do think Franzese's gas scam was both simple and brilliant - not to mention as close to "victimless" as possible. In fact it really just exposed the ineptitude of the government for failing to realize how they were being taken advantage of.

Whatever else anyone thinks of Franzese for better or for worse, that was one hell of a brilliant scheme.

Last edited by eastsideofvan; 10/03/23 08:16 PM.