THE CREATOR

The year is 2065 and 1 million people are died is Los Angeles after a nuclear explosion. Humans/America are at war with Artificial Intelligence, blaming them for the launch of the nuke and are at war with New Asia (present day Asia) where a large population is still living amongst humans. America is dedicated to eradicating the earth of them and use their main military weapon, NOMAD, to find and destroy them (NOMAD is an aerial station that can scan areas for AI's and humans and launch missiles with pinpoint precise for their targets). Visually, this film is stunning and the main reason I gave the film such a high score. I love the world director Gareth Edwards has created: it's stylish, innovative, and breathtaking. I found the story to be mid as it's very heavy handed with attempting to play on the audiences sympathy. It doesn't so much as pull on your heart strings as it does to yank on them, so once you see through this, you're only left with the beautiful images on screen. However, props for the originality of the story and for bringing something new to the sci-fi genre that's worth having a discussion about. 7/10