Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

Oh the cocaine market is enormous. I live in an area of about 12.000 people right now and top of my head I can name about 100 regular cocaine users that live in my area. I'd say that at any rave or party or nightclub event there's more people using drugs than there are people not on some kind of drug. Most users are either recreational users or functioning addicts. And most of them have traditional "respectable" professions; managers, lawyers, salespeople, consultants, teachers, doctors, etc... Life in Western Europe - despite arguably being the safest place in the world you can live in, and certainly one of the richest - is still extremely stressful; high workload, having to deal with other extremely stressed out people on a daily basis, lots of expectations, a huge tax burden, tons of social pressure and a general culture of discontentment. A lot of people look for either escapes from reality (like synthetic drugs) or ego/confidence boosts (like cocaine) to be able to deal with it all. So there's lots of users and more potential ones out there. Especially seeing younger kids these days are starting to use especially synthetic drugs and cocaine at an increasingly young age. I remember when I was a 16-year-old we started to drink a bit and smoked some weed or hashish from time to time, but 16-year-olds these days are popping mollies, snort ketamine and cocaine at some dorky youth movement party. That was unheard of back in the day. For some reason though all that drug use doesn't seem to lead to a ton of violence because you actually don't see a whole lot of fights happen these days among these youngsters. When I was in secondary school we were literally fighting and kicking the crap out of each other on an almost daily basis.

You literally explained exactly what is happening here, at every club almost everyone are on cocaine, cocaine is glamorized, a lot of people think they are 'cool' if they snort cocaine , 17-18 years old think its prestige to snort cocaine. Same , when we were 16-19 years old , i never even saw cocaine , only weed sometimes and alcohol. I have no idea how cocaine became so popular, probably thru music/shows, a lot of songs glamorize cocaine. We used to do coke on every NYE or some other 'special' occasion, it was 2-3 times a year maximum, now we stopped even that.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"