got into the above article from le journal. pretty interesting stuff...

looks to be quebec city specific in terms of one conflict but suggests the same reluctance to pay 10% tax is shared province wide and is a reason to explain some of the most recent violence in province.

main conflict is between

mathieu pelletier-son of chapter founder marc.
HA-QC City chapter=full patch

vs.

david 'pic' turmel
black mafia family (BMF)=leader of gang which is allied w/ REDS street gangs, more specifically profits boys gang based in northeast of montreal.
-BMF operates on territory on south shore of quebec city.
-turmel and 6 others were arrested in proj. malsain july 27 2023, albeit with turmel still being wanted by police.

there have been a few violent events related to this lately.
mar 2023-shots fired at residence of mathieu pelletier.
aug 2023-car set afire of red devils mc member dominic simard.

also interesting...
-this sales tax has been in place for decades and has not been challenged by any group since the quebec biker war (1995-2001).
-the 10% tax is placed on all trafficking networks in province, whether connected to HA chapter/member or not, in order to operate a drug territory.

interesting point and may already be common knowledge but the reason given for the 2019 murder of one francis turgeon was because of his failure to pay said tax. turgeon refused to pay, which in turn caused him in the eyes of HA to incure a $80 000 debt. turgeon refused to pay this and for that he was murdered. the territory turgeon was peddling in was repentigny,qc. i write this because i believe turgeons name sometimes gets lumped in with others in mtl mafia wars group. we can now be sure to scrub it from these lists as it has nothing to do with those specific conflicts.

also curious is the alliance of BMF and profits boys gangs. if 2 red allied gangs have refused to pay tax that is no way proof that all have agreed to do this. but gives more info as to what is behind some of the mayhem that has gone on in mtl north/mtl east since 2019. not all mtl gang sets are allied, by that i mean just because yer blue doesnt automatically mean you wont butt heads with another blue gang over territory or whatever. same can be said for the red allied gangs. a case in point being situation 2012/2013. chenier dupuy at the time a leader amongst bo-gars (reds) gangs was murdered for not lining up with woolley et al. at same time or there abouts the rizzuto faction was using unit 44 (reds) members for hits against there enemies. 10 years ago i know but i'm sure there are more current cases that are similar.

anyhoo another piece of the puzzle coming to light in the ongoing quebec organized crime saga.