My two cents worth!

True Michael wasn't a bloodthirsty psychopatic, sadistic killer

I don't feel I have to wipe everyone out -- just my enemies -- that's all.
Don't know of his ego They hit him so -- He hit 'em back.

He stopped his life of crime after the Baptism massacre, carried out as per Vito's counselled strategy after his death and was living a "legitimate" life and public Benefactor until Roth started it

We recently debated in Was Michael a tragic figure? thread
Originally Posted by Lana
Sure thing Michael could have refused the Donship Then again, Michael's loving father and family man Vito never should have put - never wanted this for you son - who “saved [Vito's] life. And paid a heavy price:” in that position

True in the Mafia world it is a given nobody escapes vengeance Kill or be killed

I too reckon Mike had justifiable reasons even Fredo's --he injured me.") in view of this is the business they've chosen and they all know the consequences of what will happen as a result of their betrayal

Michael made the decision in the heat of the moment immediately after Fredo's Boathouse outburst but no doubt he could have been spared as we debated in various threads that he could have continued to keep him under watch same as until Mama died

Roth would always be a threat to Michael and wouldn't have rested until he was dead or destroyed
This is the man who didn't care if women and children were killed as long as Michael was

Geary set up hooker murder is no doubt deplorable and Tom's cold blooded handling of the whole situation was chilling and reprehensible too. It'll be as if she never existed. All that's left is our friendship.

I reckon, Vito the evil, ruthless, murderous original villain is seen through rose-colored glasses
Michael, like father like son and like Vito, negotiated first and used murder generally as a last resort, Michael's first choice was not murder. He's no different than his father

Khartoum and Hooker -- both were defenseless, truly innocent victims and I reckon, parallel could be drawn

The collateral damage is unfortunate, in the business they've chosen same as Don Ciccio's guards