I don't recall where they relocated him, but I could swear I remember reading that he got arrested for petty theft. Can't find anything about it. Maybe they wiped it, lol.

Also kind of weird that he was never part of Operation Donnie Brasco and the aftermath of all of that. I read an article where Joe asked Pistone in court mockingly who was going to play him in the movie and he said they couldn't find anyone fat enough to play him. Although that could have been Pistone embellishing a little on his part. But odd that Joe didn't get sucked into Donnie's orbit when Joe would have been the #1 target of the FBI to go after in the Bonannos and we see the 3 Captains murder in the movie, but it's not orchestrated by anyone meant to be Massino. And then Massino testified in court after he flipped that he had Sonny Black killed because he feared he was going to make a move to take over the Bonannos? Was he just trying to downplay the damage Donnie did to the Family? I can't imagine Sonny getting a pass for Brasco.But I don't think I buy him having the connections to take the Family over from Joe, who had the backing of Rusty and his connections. Which is why Sonny Red and the Captains got killed.