Good riddance to bad rubbish.

If I really worked hard to be positive, about the only good thing anyone could say for the man is that he didn't go the route of Franzese, Pennisi et al. He never even wrote a book. Maybe even for him that would have been a bridge too far. Or maybe he just didn't have the discipline to sit down and write one. I guess we'll never know.

I think it's fair to argue that he did more damage to the mob in the modern era than even John Gotti. I'm not in the camp of people who glorify these guys as some do, but to take a leadership position, benefit from it for years and then betray the people who made you rich when the chips are down is the lowest form of low, full stop. He extracted the very best and the very most out of the mob and then got the very best and very most out of the government.

Next to his contemporaries - guys like Persico, Amuso, Gotti, Chin, Fat ass Joe is a complete joke. I would like to think that members of the Bonanno family don't touch their ears anymore to refer to him as "the Ear" when his name comes up, but instead form a "o" with their thumb and index finger to refer to him as "the stinking, putrid Asshole".

Massino is just simply the lowest kind of parasite that could possibly ever exist in the mob. I am delighted to hear he is dead. He deserves nothing, not even in death.