Gangs from Montreal to Quebec and Vancouver: organized crime has its hands full

The migration of gangs to other cities and provinces is not new. Usually, members leave Montreal to flee the police or Ops (a word to designate members of enemy gangs) or to open new markets, mainly in prostitution.

However, these movements did not necessarily result in settlement, because very often the territories and markets are already under the control of other criminal groups.

However, over the last two years, my sources have confirmed to me that several gang members have been doing business or setting up operations outside of Greater Montreal at the request of certain local gangs or with the help of independent traffickers.

In Vancouver

Last June, one of my contacts informed me of the presence of several members of a gang from Montreal North in Vancouver. They are allegedly involved in several shootings and are trying to control drug trafficking in the Downtown Eastside neighborhood.

I then tell him that this scenario is only possible if invited by another gang. We note, in fact, that certain members of this Montreal gang would have strong links with a Vancouver gang established for several years in the Downtown Eastside. He would control drug trafficking and prostitution.

The problem with this kind of alliance is that it doesn't necessarily please the Ops. Hence the increase in shootings.

In Quebec

Again, I observe the same phenomenon. Gangs from Greater Montreal, particularly from Laval and Rivière-des-Prairies, migrate to Quebec. They all have links to local traffickers.

The flow of drugs goes from Montreal to Quebec and prostitution is not left out. The rumor on the ground? Guys don't want to work for bikers anymore. This isn't the first time I've heard this kind of comment. They even repeated it to me in the 90s. “You will see Maria, one day will come, we will no longer work for bikers”.

This time, they are in their movement for total independence. However, they don't just empower themselves by selling their own drugs, they steal them from bikers. As they say in the industry: “They burn and kill”. Murders, attempted murders, shootings, intimidation of biker relations or their small traffickers.

As for the main parties involved, they don't dare move too much. They especially don't want to get bogged down in a war which is never good for business. They have a lot more to lose.

This migration of gangs from Greater Montreal to the regions of Quebec (Bas du rivière, Beauce, Gatineau, Sherbrooke, etc.) is far from reassuring. They are no longer in flight, but in the development of markets.

We are far from calm and control, but shh, we must not say it too loudly!