A HAUNTING IN VENICE

Kenneth Branagh returns as Hercule Poirot, now semiretired living in Italy. The films quickly begins with an old friend Ariadne Oliver (Tina Fey) inviting him to a seance, attempting to discredit the medium Mrs. Reynolds (Michelle Yeoh). However, he soon learns of the tragic history that's befallen at the site of the seance and patrons soon begin to die as well. I've always enjoyed these films as they continually keep you guessing as well as engaged in the story. Taking place on Halloween, this is by far the scariest of the trilogy and as of this writing, has the highest rated score on IMDB so hopefully that'll lead us to a fourth installment, pending the box office receipts of course. Another star studded cast is provided although outside of a handful a main stars, many of the others are probably unfamiliar to the general public. And by this I mean outside of Branagh, Yeo, Fey, and Kelly Reilly. This is also the first time this story has been featured on the big screen, which was a nice reprieve from the previous two installments as I came into it fresh with no idea of how it ends. I was surprised at how it all unfolded and again, while none of these films are exceptionally memorable, they're fun, tight films that keep you entertained and guessing. And isn't that what it's really all about? 6/10