Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Originally Posted by Irishman12
You ever try gnocchi H? Never heard of it until a few years ago and now I love it. Just made some today for the week: gnocchi with spicy vodka sauce.

My wife and I had it for the first time years ago at a resturant called Carousel on Cross Bay Blvd after a day at Aqueduct race track.

Wife says to me we will never get in, the place was always packed, she swears to this day they thought I was someone else.

We walk in and the place is packed with many people waiting, a man walks up to me and says how are you tonight Sir, wife is up at the greeters stand talking to a young girl asking how long for the wait,,,,,,,, I have a 20$ bill in my hand and reach out to shake the guys hand addressing me… we had only been there once or twice…… the guy takes the bill and walks me right into the dinning room and wife is looking at me like WTF.

So funny , food was off the map, it was right across for the Cross Bay Manor or some catering hall, also loved Lennys clam bar right across the street.

Good times, when I was a younger Man.

Most times when we were young were good times...what I wouldn't do 2 feel that energy again....by the way, Angelo Lutz restaurant "the Consigliere" had a decent spinach ricotta gnocci last time I was there.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...