THE NUN II

Taking place in France 4 years after its predecessor, Valak returns to terrorize a girls school and Sister Irene (Taissa Farmiga) is called back to once again battle the demon. As with any film within THE CONJURING universe, jump scares are the currency and that's exactly what's relied upon heavily here. There's a few but otherwise, nothing too unsettling here. Bonnie Aarons is given more screen time as The Nun, which is refreshing being that her characters name is reflected in the title and felt she didn't get enough screen time during her first spinoff. Taissa is once again wonderful as Sister Irene and I still love the fact that she and her older sister Vera are connected within this universe; however, for my money, the heavyweights of this universe are the three CONJURING films as each and every spinoff has been mid at best and unfortunately, this is no exception. I will compliment the story as it did a better job at holding my attention this time around but again, this and none of the spinoffs can pack the same punch from credits to credits like the trilogy. 6/10