THE EQUALIZER 3

In his third and, probably unfortunately final turn, Denzel Washington returns as Robert McCall, a man who's tries to right the wrongs of his past but assisting those in the present. Taking place in a small Italian town (Altamonte), McCall is passing through after a mission in nearby Sicily. However, he's wounded and can't make it past Altamonte until he recuperates. While recuperating, McCall grows to enjoy the peace and camaraderie amongst the townspeople; that is until the local mafia shows up and begins shaking down business owners. Once fully healed, McCall sets his sites on these new targets. Unfortunately, this and the previous entry didn't have as much action or killings as the original installment did. That was like THE PUNISHER or going back to Denzel's old days with MAN ON FIRE: a scorched earth approach to revenge. Whereas the last 2 films were slower in pace with not as much action but the kill scenes still make the audience oh and ah. With saying that, I would still be down for a fourth installment as I have not grown tired of Denzel's charismatic take on the character. Nor have I grown tired of watching his so easily dispose of his enemies. If worse comes to worse, maybe the rumors can turn into reality where his son, John David Washington, could star in a prequel. 6.5/10