https://lonestar925.iheart.com/feat...is-wife-narrowly-escapes-from-the-maui-fires/

The Bo and Them Show
Michael Anthony and His Wife, Narrowly Escapes from the Maui Fires
Aug 11, 2023

Van Halen and The Circle bassist Michael Anthony and his wife Sue were vacationing on Maui when the wildfires kicked up.

They were able to get out Wednesday and return to California. He writes on social media, "So sad, and in disbelief about what is happening on Maui right now, especially in old town Lahaina! My wife Sue and I [had] been in Kaanapali the last 10 days, and we witnessed a lot of what has happened..."

And in another post he writes, "We were just at Mick Fleetwood's restaurant on Front Street having a relaxing dinner on Saturday!! Our hearts go out all our Ohana (family) on the island…"

Anthony also posted video driving Front Street in old town Lahaina, three hours before the fires started to destroy everything…"

Sammy Hagar, who lived on Maui for over 20 years, says, "There are no words to describe the heartbreak that my family and I are feeling for the people of Maui. We remain forever attached to the community.

"My deepest gratitude to our staff at Sammy’s Beach Bar & Grill, who left their own loved ones and homes, and are going above and beyond to take care of all of the people stranded at Kahului airport.

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."