INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY

The latest installment (and final for Harrison Ford) involves his chase of Archimedes Dial of Destiny. The film wonderfully opens in 1944 Germany before the present day of 1969. I must applaud the de-aging technology as it rather added to the film rather than distracting or taking away from it. Ford wonderfully embraces the Indy character one final time. I must say I had my reservations about this after 2008's INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL. But rest assured, this does the character justice that felt more of a hybrid between RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and THE LAST CRUSADE. James Mangold's efforts should be applauded as he slide into the directors chair marvelously (which are big shoes to fill after Steven Spielberg was responsible for the previous entries). Phoebe Waller-Bridge was likewise delightful as Indy's Goddaughter Helena. If online rumors are to be believed, she may take the franchise going forward and I'd be OK with that over Indy's son Mutt. This was probably the most appropriate way to send off such an iconic franchise. 7.5/10