Originally Posted by Irishman12
BARBIE

A live-action film based upon the iconic doll, Margot Robbie stars as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken. The film opens with Barbie living her best life, until one day she notices changes going on with her: she becomes flat-footed, begins to think about death, experiences anxiety and the like. In order to correct the problem, she leaves Barbieland for the real world. Ken tags along, exposing them to the complete opposite of Barbieland where men have the power and not women. The acting was fine with Robbie and Gosling being great choices for starring and the set designs deserve a shout out as well. My main issue with the film was the heavy handedness and overly preachy tone from writer/director Greta Gerwig and writer Noah Baumbach. They said the quiet part out loud as this is completely a sexist and misandrist film. They must have set a record for the amount of times the word patriarch was used in a single film. Each actor must have had a quota to say it so many times the film should have been called BARBIE: ATTACK OF THE PATRIARCHY. Men are portrayed as bumbling idiots who only desire power and need the attention of women in order to survive. I thought Hollywood had gone "all inclusive" the last few years but Greta, WarnerBros and company must have missed that memo as this is anything but inclusive. The story is weak because Greta and Noah choose to pick and feast on long hanging fruit, revealing the limitations of their craft. Be better! 4/10

Now I have to see this fucking movie hahahah. Great review btw