A Monday chuckle to start the week off right...
--
IT COULDA BE WORSE!

Joey was walking downtown one day, when he spotted an old high school friend, Harry, walking a little further ahead up the street.

"Hey Harry, how are you?" he yelled out his old buddy to get his attention.

"Not so good," says Harry.

"Why, what happened?" Joey inquired.

"Well," Harry says, "I just went bankrupt last week but I still gotta feed my family. I don't know what I'm going to do."

"Could have been worse," Joey replied calmly. "Could have been worse," as he waved goodbye.

A month or so later, Joey bumped into Harry again, in a restaurant this time. "How are things going now, Harry?" he asks.

"Terrible!" says Harry. "Our house burned down to the ground last night."

"Could have been worse," Joey casually responded, and then went about his business.

A month or so later, Joey ran into Harry once again. "Hey buddy, how's things going for you now?" he inquired.

"Oh!" says Harry. "Things are just getting worse and worse by the day. It's one tragedy after another! Now my wife has even left me for another man!"

Joey just nodded his head, then gave his usual optimistic little smile, accompanied by his usual response, "Could've been worse."

But this time around, Harry grabbed Joey by the shoulders. "Wait a minute Joey!" he angrily retorted. "I'm not gonna just let you off so easy this time. Three times over the past few months we've run into one another, and every time I told you the latest disaster in my life all you've had to say was the same damn thing: 'Could have been worse' 'Could have been worse' 'Could have been worse.'

'This time, for God's sakes Joey, I need you to tell me, how the hell could it have been any worse?" cried Harry.

Joey looked Harry dead in the eye, with that same little wisp of a smile, "Sure it could have been worse," Joey replied back. "It could have happened to me!"
--

Have a nice day gentlemen!

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/24/23 06:44 AM.