MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - DEAD RECKONING PART ONE

Ethan Hunt and the gang are back at it again, this time in order to track down a key of which it unlocks, nobody knows as well as an AI program known as the entity. Of course, like any good spy movie the fate of the world hangs in the balance where failing is not an option for our heroes. A most respectable cast has been gathered for this entry besides regulars Tom Cruise, Rebecca Ferguson, Ving Rhames, and Simon Pegg newcomers Hayley Atwell, Vanessa Kirby, Esai Morales, Pom Klemeentieff, and Shea Whigham round out the roster. Another solid film for the franchise, although not as good as FALLOUT in my opinion and my reasoning is because I felt like they were holding back at times, building up this film to conclude with Part Two (whereas previous films went all out due to their individual film storytelling). Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of action and a fantastic train sequence that director Christopher McQuarrie personally wanted to put in. But the story and runtime feel a little bloated at times and I'm a bit nervous about the runtime of Part Two if they needed to take this much time to tell this part of the story. Esai Morales is wonderful as the baddie: cool, confident, and always has a devilish smile that says even if I don't get you right now, I will very soon. Atwell is also a great addition as she's a huge part of this story and the action seems to come naturally to her (probably didn't hurt playing in the MCU prior to this). This is the type of big budget, summer action movies audiences are used to and enjoy seeing on the big screen. 61-year-old Tom Cruise still has it. After last summer's behemoth TOP GUN: MAVERICK and now this, it proves he can still put asses in the seats. 7.5/10