Originally Posted by Irishman12
OPPENHEIMER

A biography about the father of the atomic bomb, J. Robert Oppenheimber (Cillian Murphy). The film is just as much about how the atomic bomb came to be but also the repercussions once it was released upon the world. Bouncing back-and-forth between timelines (color for present/past events and black-and-white for future events). The film boasts an impressive all-star cast with many established names (and some Oscar winners as well) who are at times mere bit players such as Oscar winners Rami Malek and Gary Oldman. This just proves the willingness in which actors want to collaborate with director Christopher Nolan. While the runtime clocks in at 3 hours on the nose, the story moves rapidly and never lets up. Nolan crams a lot into the film and does a good job telling his story and I didn't feel much, if anything, was left out. I will point out that Robert Downey Jr. was initially one of the bit players I described earlier as Lewis Strauss; however, towards the end of the film he's given a lot more screentime and really makes the most of it. Besides quite possibly Murphy's best performance, RDJ really shined in his limited screentime. Nolan's best picture in my opinion since 2012's THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. 7.5/10

Thank you Irish, cast is amazing also big fan of Emily Blunt. I know you are pretty conservative with grades so I take a 7.5 as a top film.
3 hours was it not too long?

Last edited by Hollander; 07/21/23 07:14 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"